Thursday 19 May 2011

Three Sheets to the Wind

Finally it was time to sail up to Preveza. With the brother and girlfriend sailing the un-broken catamaran, host-dad and I remained on the broken one, which needed to be towed by her sister. It wasn't long before the constant and heavy rocking had me flat on my back in the throes of sea-sicknesses. I never experienced the urge to vomit, thankfully, though doing anything more involved than lying motionless did bring me close.

We left Kefalonia at about noon, sailed all day and finally dropped anchor at around 11:30pm. I had mint tea and biscuits for dinner. The Big Dipper was upside-down and the moon was our guiding light.

The next day we only had a few hours of sailing until we reached the marina at Preveza, where we watched in awe as Panther (the broken-down catamaran) got pulled out of the water by this massive lift.

I loved the marina and being around boats and the sailing life. Such a photo op!


For example.












I found some Treasures.






The night before we were due to sail back to Kefalonia (leaving Panther at the marina,) we decided to just sail through the night and get to the island early in the morning. My shift was from approximately 1am to 4am. The only sound was the quiet lapping of black, milky moon-lit waves against the boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment